STEPS TO ACHIEVE GREAT SUCCESS IN 2013:
Think of what it takes to keep you pushing yourself to do what needs accomplishing, have bravery to live the exact life that you want to live and to live it boldly and on full blast. Remember YOU are the one in charge of change in your life.
Happy New Year everyone, I hope that your 2013 will be awesome! Very awesome only to the extend of your capacity to Imagine, believe, work harder and smarter. Let's dive into 2013 with greater expectations. (I am very excited about this year, it my best year ever!!!)
Are you ready for great 2013? It is very interesting when the calendar flips over each January, lots of people make lots of lists. They make lists of “resolutions”, but most people never follow through on them.
As we begin the Year, revisiting our goals and plans (long-term & short-term) is an effective way to clarify our vision and set the stage for success. As with everything in life, the foundation for doing so is having a positive and optimistic outlook to moving forward. During difficult times, it can be easy to lose focus and be distracted by the obstacles that get in our way. It takes a lot of resilience to stay true to ourselves and face the challenges head on. Each individual can have a plan that empowers themselves to initiate their development and take charge of their careers
1) Get committed on building relationships – Having long lasting and solid relationships is the key to sustaining a fulfilling and successful career. It requires a long-term process to be viewed as laying a foundation and planting seeds for future growth and success. Do not expect immediate gratification – gain momentum and don’t stop! Our relationships can sustain us through many phases of our careers and can be incredible resources. Remember that every relationship should be a two-way partnership that is mutually beneficial for each person.
But Don’t hang around with losers. We’ve been over this before: you are who you spend time with. Think about it.
2) Now Identify those persons/forces/habits holding you back – Consistent self-reflection and assessment allows you to build inner strength and unleash your fullest potential. Identify your passion and purpose – stay true to your goals and motivations. In addition to self-reflection and assessment, positive energy is essential to release what’s draining us and keeping us from excelling to our fullest potential. Get rid of the negative talk that can derail progress. Sometimes we allow our fears to play against our vulnerabilities rather than focusing on the positive, capitalizing on our strengths and allowing us to try new things and take a little risk. Keep an open mind to seek out and embrace all opportunities that may be presented along the way – expectedly or unexpectedly! but Stop reading bullshit! If it sucks, put it down! Scroll by. Life’s too short to put crap between your ears.
3) Get a mentor and mentor someone also – Seek out potential mentors and trusted advisors throughout the different phases of your career. Welcome opportunities to mentor others throughout their careers also. Having and being a mentor are two of the major milestones during a career and represent a critical part of managing a successful and sustaining career. We can all empower ourselves to initiate this process rather than waiting for mentors to be presented to us.
4) Get intouch: –our communications skills and our interpersonal abilities are very vital to our success. The rules keep changing with the technological advancements and multifaceted resources that are introduced to us every day. Create communication strategies that require high standards of excellence and most importantly exude enthusiasm and energy! Articulating our thoughts with conviction, passion, authenticity and truth along with sincere expression can make all the difference.
Kick yourself in your own ass. Stop feeling sorry for yourself. My life is hard. I’m so busy. I have so much to do.” Guess what? So does everybody else! And some people are doing their stuff with cancer or a couple of fewer limbs than you. Stop bellyaching and snap your own shit up!
5) Celebrate achievements and express gratitude! – There are many victories we achieve, some small and some more grand. Be sure to acknowledge and celebrate these victories when they do occur. Sometimes they are milestones, sometimes they are full accomplishments, and sometimes they include helping others achieve their goals. Recognize these victories and be happy to celebrate them! It’s also just as important to reach out and express gratitude and thank the people who played a role in helping you do so. During these challenging times, there are so many abundances with which we are blessed and for which to be thankful. Optimism and gratefulness are part of the celebration process. Remember this great quote by Benjamin Franklin: “Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take
Keep Going to the gym at least once in a every Saturday or Sunday. Rest when you need to. You know that, so do it. it!
Now - go be great next year. The world needs it. We shall celebrate your success together in the next 11 months!
Katchi Jp Udoba
Start-up Entrepreneur consultant &
Start-up Entrepreneur consultant &